attorney at law, partner
Marcin Wojtasik has been an attorney at law since 2004, when he completed his postgraduate training for an attorney at law, passing the examination with honours. In 1994-1999, he studied at the Faculty of Law and Administration at the University of Wroclaw, where – upon graduation – he lectured administrative law; in addition, in 2002, he earned a degree in Journalism from the University of Wroclaw. Marcin Wojtasik has been providing legal advisory services for business since 2000, and since 2004 he has been working as a member of Wiewiorski Legal.
Specialty and professional interests
Marcin Wojtasik specialises in matters relating to the construction project processes as well as lease, acquisition and sale of commercial properties. He has provided advisory services with respect to a number of sales and acquisitions of properties, including industrial, commercial and residential properties. He has frequently conducted real estate due diligence for greenfield projects, participated in negotiations and tender procedures and provided advice in the phase of finalising real estate acquisitions and sales. Furthermore, he has assisted the clients of Wiewiorski Legal at various stages of the construction process - he has advised them in the course of proceedings relating to spatial planning, environmental impact of the project and receipt of building and occupancy permits; he has provided comprehensive services with respect to construction contracts (including those based on FIDIC) and agreements with designers and supervision inspectors, and represented clients in various proceeding after the completion of the construction process, specifically in disputes connected with the settlement of the project and subcontractors' claims as well as administrative proceedings concerning sanctions for constructing or occupying buildings/facilities without the required permits. Marcin also has a wide experience in lease and leasing of office, commercial, logistic and manufacturing properties – he has provided advice on long-term lease agreements to the key service centres in Wroclaw and to a number of international manufacturing companies.
In addition, at Wiewiorski Legal, Marcin Wojtasik is responsible for the Banking & Finance department, in which he particularly specialises in services connected with transactions relating to securing funds on the banking market. As regards that specialty, he has provided services with respect to numerous bank loan agreements, both various types of individual ones (capex, refinancing and revolving facilities, overdrafts, loans to finance real estate acquisitions, etc.) and intercreditor agreements (club deals and common terms agreements). Moreover, Marcin has supervised and coordinated teams of Polish and foreign lawyers providing services in connection with all types of loan security such as mortgages, pledges – ordinary, financial and registered (e.g. on movable assets, receivables, trademarks, warehouse stock, inventory, etc.), assignment of receivables, agreements for the transfer of ownership for security purposes, subordination agreements, etc.
At Wiewiorski Legal, Marcin Wojtasik is also responsible for drafting and reviewing general terms and conditions used by businesses when selling and purchasing goods and services as well as commercial contracts, distribution agreements and capex agreements. His interests also lie in copyright law, industrial property law (specifically regulations concerning trademarks), competition protection law as well as personal data and legal aspects of the protection of personal rights.
Additionally, Marcin is an experienced trainer who has delivered dozens of legal training courses for business (also in English) and has a number of publications to his credit on legal matters relating to real estate sales and acquisitions and construction projects.
The key projects on which Marcin Wojtasik has worked at Wiewiorski Legal:
- comprehensive advisory services provided in connection with the construction of a new automotive manufacturing plant on a plot of land with an area of ca. 40,000 square metres located in a special economic zone, with the target headcount of ca. 1000 people,
- advice on a long-term lease and equipment of a production plant with an area of 12,600 square metres for a Canadian group of companies from the automotive industry (total value of the project - EUR 4.3 million),
- construction and extension of, and provision of day-to-day services to, one of the largest shopping centres in Lower Silesia – PLN 414 million,
- comprehensive services provided in relation to a long-term lease of two logistic buildings (build-to-suit project) with an area of 46,000 square metres,
- legal services provided in relation to the sale of office property (with tenants) with a value of PLN 27.5 million,
- financing of a new industrial project – loan agreements with 4 banks with a total value of PLN 105 million,
- the provision of comprehensive services relating to a club loan for a company listed on the Warsaw Stock Exchange (negotiations with banks, establishment of security) – the value of the loan: PLN 185 million,
- the restructuring of project financing – loan agreements with a syndicate of 6 banks – with a value of PLN 217 million.
Languages and hobbies
Marcin Wojtasik provides legal aid in Polish and English language and he can speak Spanish and German. In his spare time, Marcin likes trips of various kinds - both exotic travels and weekend motorcycle outings.