attorney at law, head of employment
Magdalena Szeptycka earned the title of an attorney at law in 2007, when she passed the exam, with honours, before the Council of the Regional Chamber of Attorneys at Law in Wroclaw. Prior to that, she graduated from the Faculty of Law at the Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznan.
Specialty and professional interests
Magdalena Szeptycka specialises in individual and collective labour law. She provides comprehensive advisory services for HR departments in large international companies, draws up documents relating to collective labour law (collective labour agreements, work bylaws, remuneration regulations, company social benefits fund regulations and other collective agreements) and supports clients in their contacts with trade unions and other employees’ representatives. Magdalena Szeptycka also represents clients in litigations before common and administrative courts, the Supreme Court and the Supreme Administrative Court as well as in proceedings before the National Labour Inspectorate.
Magdalena also has a long-term experience as a trainer delivering training courses in labour law, also in the English language.
Magdalena Szeptycka also drafts and reviews commercial contracts and business cooperation agreements between enterprises. Her interests also lie in intellectual property law and personal data protection.
Magdalena Szeptycka has been providing legal advisory services for business since 2001, originally as an in-house lawyer in a large business entity and later as an external advisor. Since March 2005 she has been working for Wiewiorski Legal, at first as a trainee attorney at law and now as a professional attorney at law. She advises clients from the SSC/BPO, automotive, aviation, HVAC and industrial and machinery sectors as well as the financial service, hazardous materials transport and IT industries.
The key projects in which Magdalena Szeptycka has participated:
- restructuring of employment (collective redundancies) in companies from the automotive and industrial and machinery sectors;
- transfer of employees in companies from the industrial and machinery and SSC/BPO sectors;
- tax optimisations of the employees' remuneration for clients from the IT sector;
- collective disputes in businesses from the automotive and household appliance production industries;
- litigations concerning the infringement of legal persons' personal rights as well as infringement of the non-competition clause after the termination of employment.
Languages and hobbies
Magdalena Szeptycka provides legal assistance in English and also communicates in German and Italian. Magdalena is interested in non-fiction, the culture of Italy and photography; she also likes to travel and ski.