partner, head of commercial contracts
Maciej Jarecki has been an attorney at law since 2015, when he completed his postgraduate training for an attorney at law and passed the professional exams at the Regional Chamber of Attorneys at Law in Wroclaw.
He completed his master’s degree in Law at the University of Wroclaw with honours. He also earned a master’s degree in international relations. During his studies he was a laureate of the Best Polish Student Competition "Primus Inter Pares" and Polish National Rhetorical Competition for law students.
Maciej Jarecki has been working for Wiewiorski Legal since 2010. He has climbed the career ladder starting as an intern, then working as a junior lawyer, trainee attorney, attorney at law and executive counsel. In 2019 he has been promoted to a position of partner.
Maciej supports the Managing Partner in some activities connected with managing of the Law Firm. He is responsible i.a. for headhunting, employer branding and for cooperation with students associations, in particular with ELSA.
Specialty and professional interests
The main fields of Maciej Jarecki's specialty:
Commercial contracts – drafting and negotiating agreements of all kinds including agreements for the provision of services, contracts of works including copyright clauses, power and telecommunication contracts, lease agreements, sale agreements, event management contracts and non-disclosure agreements,
General terms and conditions of contracts and standard form contracts – drafting and modifying the general terms and conditions of sale, purchase and provision of services, and drafting template contracts to be used by entrepreneurs,
Litigations and mediations – rrepresenting entrepreneurs before courts and before mediators,
Accidents at work and occupational diseases – providing legal support for entrepreneurs, representing employers before public authorities and courts
Aviation matters – providing legal support for airlines, representing airlines before the Civil Aviation Authority and courts,
At Wiewiorski Legal, Maciej Jarecki has worked, inter alia, on the following projects:
- provision of advisory services at the pre-litigation stage, and subsequently two related court actions with a total amount in dispute of PLN 24m conducted for a client from the aviation industry. In the project, a favourable judgement was secured for the Client in one of the actions, and then, through mediation, a settlement was entered into ending the court and out-of-court disputes between the Client and the other party,
- an analysis and adaptation to the requirements of Polish law of the general terms and conditions of purchase and template agreements used by a global automotive company,
- provision of advice in disputes with a foreign factor, e.g. assistance to a Polish manufacturing company in a dispute with customers from Australia and Russia,
- preparation of the general terms and conditions of purchase of goods and services and the general terms and conditions of barter cooperation, as well as template agreements including purchasing and sponsorship agreements for a Polish company belonging to a global group from the financial service sector,
- comprehensive legal advisory services and negotiation of telecommunication contracts ensuring the operation of a Call Centre for a global airline,
- an in-depth analysis and comprehensive advisory services regarding business insurance in an R&D centre extension project with an area of the centre of ca. 3,000 square meters,
- advisory services provided in connection with the construction of a new automotive manufacturing plant on land with an area of ca. 40,000 square meters, located in a special economic zone, with the target headcount of ca. 1000 employees,
- drafting of a set of agreements regulating an advertising campaign of a well-known international clothing brand.
Languages and hobbies
Maciej is fluent in English and also provides services to clients in that language. In addition, he has a basic knowledge of Russian and German.
Maciej likes to travel and is interested in the art of rhetoric. He delivers lectures on rhetoric for trainee attorneys at law. He has been regularly enjoying five- and ten-kilometre runs.