Marek Maciej Wiewiórski has been a member of the District Chamber of Attorneys at Law in Wroclaw since 2000, when he passed the examination for an attorney at law with honours. In 1997, he earned a master’s degree in Law from the Faculty of Law and Administration at the University of Wroclaw. Marek has been providing business legal services since 1997. In 2004, he established Wiewiorski Legal, prior to which he had been managing the Wroclaw office of one of the international legal networks.
Specialty and professional interests
Marek Maciej Wiewiórski specialises in legal matters relating to the development and management of service centres (BPO, SSC, R&D, KPO and LPO), specifically in matters concerning labour law, state aid and financing of the centres. Marek provides advice on a regular basis to investors from various industries who intend to locate such a centre in Poland. He also coordinates the legal services supplied on a day-to-day basis following the commencement of operation and delivers numerous training courses for companies from that sector. Marek Maciej Wiewiórski represents Wiewiorski Legal in ABSL, the largest Polish association of companies from the modern business service sector.
His professional interests also lie in the area of collective labour law, negotiations with trade unions as well as the optimisation of employment (including collective redundancies) and legal optimisation of working time. Ha has frequently conducted and supervised negotiations with trade unions, also in the process of collective disputes and collective redundancies, and managed projects aiming to optimise the use of overtime and enable enterprises to operate in periods of increased demand for their products or services, as well as in projects relating to continuous, shift and multi-team work.
At Wiewiorski Legal, he also supervises corporate matters, as an expert in corporate governance and business restructuring. In recent years, he has supervised projects relating to, inter alia, mergers and liquidations of companies belonging to international groups, transfers of enterprises and employees between various companies and implementation of structures regulating the liability of management board members in companies.
He is also responsible for all aspects of advisory services relating to new investment projects, in particular the choice of the legal form, investment incentives, location and financing of the project and various matters connected with the commencement of operation. As part of that specialty, he has frequently advised both investors who begin their operation in Poland and those who develop their business by setting up new production plants. He has a particularly extensive experience in collaboration with manufacturers from the automotive and household appliance sectors.
Combining his professional and personal interests, he also supervises the practice of aviation law at Wiewiorski Legal, which provides legal advice to airlines regarding operational matters and problems relating to the development of service centres for that sector.
Marek is also an experienced negotiator and mediator. He has conducted a number of negotiations on new investment projects of significant value, state aid and disputes, with both private and public entities.
At Wiewiorski Legal, Marek has managed, inter alia, the following projects:
- comprehensive legal services provided in relation to a state aid for a large industrial investment project located in a Special Economic Zone (expenditure of EUR 30m and 1000 new jobs),
- comprehensive services provided in relation to a state aid package for the creation of new jobs for a finance service centre with the headcount of over 1000,
- a capital investment of an international financial institution worth EUR 20m,
- entry into the Polish market of almost twenty foreign service centres established by investors from various industries, including pharmaceutical companies, law firms and enterprises from the financial service sector,
- comprehensive legal services rendered to several service centres with a headcount of over 2.000 people each,
- comprehensive legal advisory services for a Customer Service Centre of one of the leading global airlines,
- legal services provided in relation to a recruitment process for one of the largest financial centres in Poland involving the increase in employment of circa 800 people,
- tax optimisations relating to the transfer of intellectual property generated by employees to the employer,
- negotiations on the acquisition of land with an area of ca 40,000 square metres by the world leader in car safety systems, in connection with the construction of a new manufacturing plant,
- negotiations on the acquisition of land with an area of ca 66,000 square metres by the world leader in the production of car seats, in connection with the construction of a new manufacturing plant,
- numerous intragroup agreements for the provision of services to clients who are members of international groups.
Languages and hobbies
Marek Maciej Wiewiórski provides legal aid in Polish and English and he also speaks Spanish. His personal interests include travels and aviation. In his spare time, he plans long-distance expeditions and in winter he enjoys skiing.