partner, head of corporate
Agnieszka Woldan-Waleczek has been an attorney at law since 2005. Prior to that, she completed postgraduate traineeship for a judge at the Regional Court in Wroclaw, upon which she passed the state examination for a judge with a very good grade. In 2002, she earned a master’s degree in Law from the Faculty of Law and Administration at the University of Wroclaw. As a Socrates Erasmus scholar, she studied law at Università degli Studi di Bari in Italy in the academic year 2000/01. Agnieszka has been providing legal advisory services since 2002, and since 2005 she has been working as a member of Wiewiorski Legal.
Specialty and professional interests
Agnieszka Woldan-Waleczek is a specialist in business and commercial law. She has advised a number of foreign investors both at the beginning of their projects and at later stages of their business operation in Poland. She has participated in setting up many new businesses in the form of companies, branches of foreign enterprises and representative offices, and managed capital transformations of existing enterprises.
Agnieszka has a wide experience in managing projects involving the acquisition and sale of companies, enterprises and organised parts of enterprises as well as the processes of transformations and mergers of companies, and in providing advisory services with respect to the integration of the acquired enterprises with entities from the group and drafting intra-group agreements.
Agnieszka is experienced in drafting investment agreements and shareholders', subscription and option agreements. As part of corporate law practice, Agnieszka also advises on matters relating to the financing of investment projects and on available solutions concerning the financing of day-to-day activities of businesses.
As part of corporate law services provided by Wiewiorski Legal, Agnieszka supervises corporate secretariat services, cooperates with internal legal departments (also in foreign entities), provides advisory services to the companies’ governing bodies on a day-to-day basis, advises on corporate governance and delivers training courses in corporate law.
At Wiewiorski Legal, Agnieszka also drafts and reviews commercial contracts and business cooperation agreements between entrepreneurs, frequently with a cross-border element. Her interests also lie in environmental law and energy law.
The projects that Agnieszka has worked on include:
- transformation of one of the largest companies from the financial sector in Poland into a joint-stock company,
- participation in negotiations relating to equity investment in the leading Polish manufacturer of household appliances by one of the largest financial investors operating in Central and Eastern Europe, as well as drafting and review of all agreements related to that project (value of the investment: EUR 17.5m),
- management of the process of restructuring of a Spanish group in Poland (value of the project: PLN 245m),
- management of a merger through the acquisition of Polish companies with foreign shareholders belonging to the HVAC sector (value of the companies: PLN 40m),
- advisory services provided in the process of acquisition of a majority stake in an IT service provider by one of the largest suppliers of HR services on the Polish market (value of the transaction: over EUR 11m),
- management of numerous projects concerning the provision of additional financing to companies, specifically projects involving the conversion of debt to share capital and statutory reserve,
- development and implementation of a plan of capital injection into a Polish automotive company by means of various available financing methods, taking into account the unique nature of the business and tax optimisation (value of the project: PLN 117m);
- advisory services rendered in relation to drafting of intragroup agreements concerning the provision of management services, R&D services and settlement of mutual liabilities for a group of companies from the packaging production industry;
- representation of a client before the Competition and Consumer Protection Office in the process of obtaining a permit for concentration;
- management of numerous liquidations of businesses ending their operation in Poland.
Languages and hobbies
Agnieszka Woldan-Waleczek also provides legal aid in the English language and she can speak Italian. She is interested in photography; in her spare time, she likes to travel and read books (specifically on mountaineering).