Marcin Iwaniak earned his master's degree in law from the Faculty of Law and Administration at the University of Silesia in Katowice in 2017. In 2014, he completed the bachelor's degree in Business Analytics at the University of Economics in Katowice. In addition, in 2012 he was on a six-month student exchange at the Hong Kong Baptist University in China, where he studied economic and financial problems, and in 2019 he began a postgraduate programme in company law at the Faculty of Law and Administration at the University of Warsaw.
He has been working for Wiewiorski Legal since 2017.
Specialty and professional interests
In his work, Marcin specialises in various types of financial transactions, banking law and company law. In addition, he is interested in problems relating to the operation of the capital market and investment funds.
He has several years of experience in Banking & Finance, which he acquired, inter alia, at leading international law firms in Warsaw. Participating in financial transactions, he represented both lenders and Polish and foreign borrowers, including listed companies, operating in the sectors of real estate development and logistics as well as capital investments and HR services industries.
Key projects at Wiewiorski Legal that Marcin has participated in include:
- advisory services provided to an international group from the automotive sector in relation to a financing project with the total value of USD 2.85 billion, comprising consortium Term-Loans and Asset-Based Loans as well as the issue of Senior Secured Notes, organised by three leading American banks.
- advisory services provided to a Polish listed company, an international manufacturer of building chemicals, in relation to a multi-purpose line of credit (comprising, inter alia, an overdraft, bank guarantees and letters of credit) with a total value of PLN 90 million, and the increase in an investment loan up to PLN 70 million,
- day-to-day services provided to a borrower operating in the HR services sector in connection with a syndicated loan agreement (club-deal) with a total value of PLN 240 million,
- day-to-day services provided to a borrower operating in the logistics sector in connection with an investment loan agreement with a value of PLN 125 million and a bridge loan agreement with a value of PLN 50 million,
- drafting the amended documentation of security for credit receivables in connection with the conclusion by the borrower and companies from the borrower's group of factoring agreements with a total maximum value of PLN 20 million.
Languages and hobbies
Marcin is fluent in the English language, including legal English. In his spare time, he plays an electric guitar.